5 Best Wall Mount Bathtub Faucets To Inspire Your Bathroom Renovation
When it comes to shower renovations, sometimes, the simplest upgrades can have the most visual impact. Wall mount faucets add instant style, more than a touch of class, and a definite sense of luxury. Bathtub faucets often come as part of a package, which includes the shower head and temperature nozzle, though you can purchase or upgrade any one of the three individually as well. If you choose to do so, make sure that the metals and quality of the pieces are matching.
Upgrading your bathtub faucet is an easy and relatively inexpensive way to make a big impact in your bathroom. Old, rusted faucets don’t look as nice, and it’s easy for calcium and other sediments to build up and give you an ineffective water flow.
This is everything you need to know about selecting, installing and upgrading your bathtub faucet.
How To Replace A Wall Mounted Bathtub Faucet
Upgrading this fixture is relatively easy, and it’s possible that you or someone in your home can do it without having to hire a contractor. A synopsis of the steps are listed below, if you feel you aren't skilled enough to do this, we recommend that you contact a professional in your area familiar with replacing a bathtub faucet.
- Step 1: Consider the placement - If you are just replacing your bathtub faucet and not actually moving its position or where the tub rests, this will be a much easier job. If you are doing a complete bathroom renovation, you will have to account for the work necessary to re-cut and lay the water lines to make the faucet functional.
- Step 2: Ensure the water lines work - Of course, the faucet is nothing without correct plumbing, so ensure that you do not have any issues with the water lines in your home first.
- Step 3: Start with the access panel - Your plumber should have installed something called an access panel, which is more or less a cover that hides unseemly bolts and screws but easily allows you to access the faucet itself. Remove this to begin. If you have to create one, you’ll need to make an opening in the wall that is the size of the faucet itself, and then a little extra room. You can install a cover using a bolt afterwards.
- Step 4: Turn off the water - It should go without saying, but you’ll need to shut off your water before you continue with the work.
- Step 5: Remove the faucet - Now that you’re behind the access panel, you can actually remove the faucet itself. You can likely do this by unscrewing the nuts and bolts that are holding it in place. It should be relatively intuitive.
- Step 6: Replace the faucet - Take your new faucet and apply it to where the old one was. If you want to minimize the amount of work you have to do, make sure you select a new version that is relatively the same size as your old one. This will prevent you from having to make new cuts or replace the wall or tile.
- Step 7: Reinstall the access panel - Finally, you’ll need to put the access panel back on, or otherwise cover the rest of the faucet’s base.
How To Update Your Faucet Design
Sure, adding a brand new faucet will absolutely make a difference in the appearance of your bathroom, but it’s best to consider how you can actually upgrade the style altogether.
Right now, statement metals are very popular. Perhaps you can use a gold faucet, nozzle and shower head, and coordinate it with other gold bathroom accessories, or a new sink faucet. In other cases, you can stick with the same metal you had before, but upgrade the quality or features of the faucet. Perhaps you want a traditional spout, or a wide spout. Either way, you can opt for a new bathing experience with this simple upgrade.
View this post on Instagram
Amazing Tub Fixtures in Rose Gold! Regram @kirstenmarieinc . . . #bath #design #bathdesign #luxury #luxurylifestyle #luxurybathroom #interiordesigner #interiordesign #interiorinspo #bathroominspo #losangeles #la #lainteriordesigner #gold #brass #rosegold #satin #faucet #faucets #faucetdesign #sink #sinks #copper #tubfaucet #bathtub #tub #loveluxurylifestyle
Because the tile is so unique in this bathroom, it makes sense that the designer opted for a standard, silver faucet. In this case, they also incorporated a handheld shower head, which also upgrades the bathroom as well.
View this post on Instagram
This fresh bathroom by Dzek. The bathroom is clad in tiles of Marmoreal, an engineered marble for architectural surfaces by the super-talented British designer Max Lamb. . . . #tub #bathtub #tubfaucet #faucet #bathroomtile #bath #bathroom #bathfixtures #bathroomdesign #bathroomdecor #bathroomremodel #bathroomrenovation #bathroomrenovations #interior #interiors #interiordesign #interiordesigner #interiordesigners #interiordecorator #decorator #design #designer #interiordecorators #interiorporn #interiores #interiør #interiorismo
This angular, silver faucet is another great example of how to keep your metals uniform in color, but still create a more modern, contemporary look in the tub.